Working Holiday Visa
- Applicants qualify if they fulfill the following conditions depending on the category under which the participant wishes to take part in the program.
The participant can lodge his application under three different categories:
The candidate who wishes to Work and Holiday: The candidate is eligible for a work permit that allows him to work in order to guarantee a stable financial situation
- Must provide a written statement that the participant primarily intends to holiday in Canada and employment is incidental and accessory in order to guarantee a stable financial situation.
The candidate who wishes to be a Young professional: (professional improvement): The candidate is eligible for a work permit linked to one precise employer that allows him to gain professional skills according to his profession or his studies
- Must provide a signed work contract obtained prior to the visa application aiming to improve professional skills corresponding to the previous field of study.
The candidate who intends to make an International co-op (internship): Get valuable overseas work experience related to his field of study.
- Mandatory conditions to be fulfilled in order to be allowed to make an internship:
- you’re a student registered at a post-secondary institution
- you have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada
- you need to do this work placement or internship to complete your studies
- you’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada
- The type of work permit you get in the International Co-op (Internship) category is an employer-specific work permit. The internship you are offered in Canada must be directly linked to your field of studies.
Additional mandatory and general conditions to be fulfilled:
- hold Luxembourgish citizenship;
- hold a Luxemburgish passport, valid longer than the duration of the stay in Canada;
- have not previously obtained a Canada visa for the Working Holiday Program;
- have reached the full age of 18 years, and not be more than 30 years of age, on the date the host country receives the application;
- do not list dependents on their application (but dependents may apply separately for a Canada visa);
- intend primarily to holiday in Canada for a period of up to twelve calendar months;
- intend to leave Canada at the end of their stay;
- pay the prescribed fees (nonrefundable);
- possess a valid return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- agree to hold medical and comprehensive hospitalization insurance which will remain in force throughout their stay in Canada;
- have sufficient means, i.e. a minimum of +/- CAD 3.657.59